Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pirates Online Beta

Anyone played the beta of Pirates Online yet? here is some discussion I spotted on the net - hope it'd be of help to you.

-------------------------------------
OMG As an online gamer (Wow, CoH, EQ, EQ2, VMK) How in the world did I miss this Pirates Onlien game! Signed up today, I can only hope they send me a code for beta! I've been looking for a new MMO as of late, we have been so bored!!

Thanks for the heads up!
--------------------------

I got a code when I went to the pirate ultimate fan event and I'm slightly addicted.
It's like World of Warcraft w/ Pirates (with a little bit of Sims action).

It's just the beta so I keep finding glitches... i fell off some random cliff yesterday and landed on a far side of port royal that i could swim through...
And the lag on my slow moving comp is killing me
But it's a lot of fun!

Register at www.piratesonline.com. It doesn't mean they'll sign you up for the beta right away. Disney is gradually adding players to the game as they continue to work out the kinks.

I got my code to play it yesterday . . . and played until 3:00 this morning.

I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination, but I got hooked on POTC Online quickly. It's the type of game that rewards long term play (I'm up to Level 7 in my swordsmanship and Level 5 in "Notoriety"--I even sunk my first British Navy vessal today. ), but is user friendly and non-intimidating for the casual player. It's very easy to figure out the various keyboard and mouse controls. Yes, there are glitches, stalls and weird graphics at times, but that's why it's still in beta.

As far as movie characters, I've already met up with Captain Jack, Will, Elizabeth and Tia Dalma. They appear in animated sequences that move the story along as you accomplish various tasks.

The game is a kick. I must've taken a half hour just to figure out what my character was going to look like. The interface to create the look, dress and shape of your character is very detailed. Afterwards, I jumped right in and started playing, fighting British soldiers and evil skeletons, and killing crabs, wasps and gators--all sorts of beasties. You can keep the story moving by accomplishing tasks, or just explore--Port Royale's layout feels just like the movie. And, of course, the best part is when you take command of your ship and raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer your weasely black guts out.

I'm sailing for Tortuga tonight. Can't wait.

I'm PMing Monorail Man and Dusty to set up a POTC Online subforum. This game is going to be very popular with gamers and Disney geeks alike.

just started playing it this weekend. Not bad, but as many others have said that Lag keeps killing my character.... that and the alligator who keeps coming up behind me.

Yes, they do have all the movie characters in the game. I have not found them all, but I think that they are there.

No comments: